Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year....It's That Time Again

      We here at the It’s Not Rocket Science headquarters hope you had a fabulous holiday season and that your year was filled with health, happiness, and prosperity. My year was exciting , I wrote my first book! Details will be coming soon. 

     Upon much reflection over the past year of my follies as a parent and a wife. I decided to begin this new year by sharing the long-established New Year’s Eve celebration with a declaration of my resolutions with you:

1.       First and foremost, I  will blog regularly this year, linking myself to the assembly of other  Mommies (and Daddies) doing the very best they can with the huge responsibility of raising other human beings.

2.       I will not secretly hide stashes of candy under my bed because, although I think my children should share with each other, I don’t want to share with them.

3.       I will not hold a grudge against the school nurse for sending my feverish child home; I will not dose him  with Tylenol and send him to school the very next day regardless of her “flu-ish” diagnosis.

4.       I will not languish in the realization that I should have stayed a dog person.

5.       I will not feign a headache on the one Saturday my husband has off of work to hide in my bed and covertly read a novel
 .
6.       I will not use Sunday School solely for daycare purposes.

7.       I will not pretend I didn’t see my littlest hit his sister because I thought she sorta deserved it.

8.       I will not conveniently “forget” to take meat out of the freezer so my husband has to pick up dinner.

9.       I will not tell my neighbor that I think my kids have lice simply because I don’t want her kids over.

10.   And finally, I will not rebel against summer and the end of the school year by trying to convince my doctor that I have the opposite of seasonal depression and to please up my Prozac.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment